Let us take an example of the wire-frame in the below screenshot.
If we look at the wire frame we can divide the webpage into 4 different components like header, sidebar, headline etc.
Each component can consists its own html markup, css and it can have its own logic. Furthermore all these individual components can be integrated together to build an entire web application.
Advantages of using ReactJs
Why react is awesome?
- Highly efficient and faster web development
- Virtual DOM
- Reusable components
- Easy to learn
- Maintainability is easy
- Easier Debugging with Chrome extensions
- Easy to create UI test cases
- Open source Facebook library
- Active communities.
Disadvantages of ReactJs
- Poor documentation
- SEO issues – Google and other search engines had difficulty in indexing the react applications which has dynamic pages with client side rendering
- Only View layers – React is a UI library, you still need to plug your code for ajax requests, event handlers and so on. Requires other libraries for state management
Who developed React?
React is developed by Facebook. React was created by Jordan Walke, a software engineer at Facebook.
Who maintains React currently and what is the latest version of ReactJS?
React is maintained by Facebook and a group of individual developers and companies. It is consequently updated and the latest version of React is 16.5.2(the time post is created).
Is ReactJs Open source?
Yes, React is opensource library under MIT license. On September 23, 2017, Facebook announced that the following week, it would re-license Flow, Jest, React, and Immutable.js under a standard MIT License.